Provincial/Territorial Youth Club Licence- Level 1
The Provincial/Territorial Youth Club Licence – Level 1 of the Canada Soccer Club Licensing Program builds on the characteristics and behaviours of an organization in the Canada Soccer Standards for Quality Soccer with a balance of expectations across the governance, administration, infrastructure, and technical pillars. The characteristics and behaviours of the Provincial/Territorial Youth Club Licence – Level 1 are designed to recognize high quality grassroots, community, and competitive organizations that have developed their governance and operations. Organizations achieving the Provincial/Territorial Youth Club Licence – Level 1 demonstrate their commitment to quality and to providing an enhanced participant experience.
Characteristics and Behaviours
Demonstrates the Characteristics and Behaviours from the Canada Soccer Standards for Quality Soccer.
- Has basic governance documents.
- Is a registered legal entity, compliant with all relevant legislation and Canada Revenue Agency requirements.
- Has basic planning documents to guide the organization.
- Works in harmony, aligning values and operations, with its governing organization(s)
- Is financially viable.
- Has basic management and operational policies and practices.
- Has an identified Administrative Lead with clearly defined responsibilities.
- The Administrative Lead is committed to ongoing development and education.
- Provides financial support for Administrative Lead, Technical Lead, Technical Staff (if applicable), and coaches to pursue ongoing development, training and certification.
- Has sufficient and appropriate staff to deliver its programs
- Provides or facilitates financial support to players with financial barriers to participation.
- Has an actively maintained online presence.
- Has access to facilities and equipment to provide enhanced programming.
- Operates programming that is aligned to Long Term Player Development stage-appropriate best principles.
- Has basic technical planning to guide its programs and services.
- Has an established pathway to provide players with access to opportunities for participation in Grassroots, Community, Competitive, and Development/Performance Streams.
- Has an established pathway that provides opportunities for players to continue participation in the Soccer for Life stage (senior and masters).
- Educates coaches, players, and parents about the Provincial/Territorial and National Player Pathways and Long-Term Player Development model. (RECOMMENDATION)
- Has an identified and qualified Technical Lead (refer to Category Requirements for specifics) with clearly defined responsibilities.
- Technical Lead is committed to ongoing development and education.
- Has coaches and team personnel who are properly trained and/or certified for the groups/teams with which they work and competitions in which they participate.
Provincial/Territorial Youth Club Licence – Level 1 standards